Sunday, March 09, 2008

Whatever Happened to Donna Douglas?


This weekend, my Number 2 son (I won't mention Jeremiah's name) got banished from using the computer for a while. So today I found him watching an old TV series that I loved, The Beverly Hillbillies! Now, I am going to make a confession here. I don't know about you, but when I was a kid, I had a crush on the character Ellie May Clampett. I don't ever remember hearing or seeing anything bad about her, and I could only remember Ellie May being the critter-loving, somewhat naive tom-boy.

Tonight, while wrapping up some work, I decided to take a quick break and Google Donna Dougas. When I did, I ran across a very pleasant surprise.

I ran across some photos, signed by her with the verses Proverbs 3:5-6 added to the photos. Turns out Donna is a born again Christian. The years following the TV series, she would tour and sing gospel music. She even cut a record from what I understand.

I don't know about you, but this little bit of knowledge really blesses my soul. I praise God that not every movie star or celebrity chose to live like the world.

BTW - The one thing that did shock me also was the fact that Donna Douglas is almost as old as my mother! Why is it that us humans forget about the temporal factors of reality???

No comments: