Monday, March 21, 2005

Deuteronomy 6: 19 - Casting Out the Enemy

I came across a verse that I thought could not be done anymore due to our current political and social world,

"To cast out all thine enemies from before thee, as the LORD hath spoken."

I can't obey this, LORD! I cannot go and cast out all the pagans and sodomites. I don't have the political authority to throw out all the idolaters and witches. How can God give us a commandment and not allow me to do it? So, I went to Him with this verse and asked, "My LORD, what should I do with this command, and how should I obey it?" His response was immediate and sure,

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." - Ephesians 6:12

I realized (again) that we need to never forget that our battle is not a physical/ carnal battle, but a spiritual war! We are to cast out of our lives anyting that would allow Satan to have a stronghold in our lives:
+ Wrong television programs
+ Games that promote ungodliness
+ Books that encourage worldliness
+ Music that does not glorify God

We must cast out the enemy from our lives, but not forget that the enemy is Satan and his demnic network, and not those who do not know Jesus Christ as their savior.

"For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled. Do ye look on things after the outward appearance? If any man trust to himself that he is Christ's, let him of himself think this again, that, as he is Christ's, even so are we Christ's. For though I should boast somewhat more of our authority, which the Lord hath given us for edification, and not for your destruction, I should not be ashamed:" - II Corinthians 10:3-8

LORD, give me opportunities to reach out and witness to the lost, yet keep me, Father, from the stains of worldliness!"

No comments: