Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Deuteronomy 7:9-10 - God is Faithful!

We should always work to never forget that the LORD is faithful!

For some reason, the Holy Spirit keeps bringing me back to vs. 9:

Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;

Over the past couple of months I've gone through some of the worst trials in all of my life. Granted some of the tribulation I'm going through was brought on by my own foolishness, but it's has now gotten to the point where the persecution is poured out only because I refuse to bend with regards to my personal walk with Jesus Christ. Though the persecution is harsh, and I would never seek after it, I am finding sweet peace in the faithfulness of my Lord and Savior.

A person, who I have always counted to be my closest and most personal friend, has actively sought my destruction. I have diligently sought reconciliation, but they refuse to listen or even obey God's Word. Though I have done all that I can, it is not enough. I have now let go of my dear friend, and turn them over to God, because I know that HE IS FAITHFUL! Rather than deliver me from this seemingly endless storm, God is captaining my feable bark through the wind and waves. I can trust Him, because He is faithful!

No comments: