Thursday, March 10, 2005

Numbers 9 - Following God

The people of Israel were guided by God Himself by way of a pillar of smoke by day, and a pillar of fire by night. At first, I thought to myself how wonderful it would be to have such a physical manifestation to guide me! My sins, the flesh, and Satan all work against me to get me off track, and to have such a sight would be wonderful. The I thought how I have something better than a pillar of smoke or fire, I have God's own Holy Spirit to guide me, as well as the promise found in Romans 8:28,

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

No matter what happens, if I diligently seek after God, and continually strive to glorify Him, He will work matters out where we arrive in the Promised Land!

No comments: